It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Abject Failures !!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:23 pm 

Our Baseball Teams were, of course abject failures this year--Chicago is a great Sports town--arguably one of the best--in all major professional Sports.

There is no excuse for what has happened this season to the Cubs and Sox, None whatsoever. I cannot really see reasons why Sox have failed as I pay not so much attention to them--My Bad !!

But the Flubs ?? I accept no "rebuilding reasons" They are just excuses--purely and simply.
The biggest reason that Cubs failed was on three players. And these three were supposedly the core--Castro, Rizzo, and Barney--The Cubs COULD NOT HIT--simple as that. None of them is even batting .250--none of them. The rest of the team at least got on base occasionally --These clowns did not.

The Pitching and Defense were both adequate. The Pitchers went deep into games with little or no support. If we had built up early leads, our hurlers would have been even better. OH. we hit a ton of Home Runs--mostly with no one on base--Why because Castro and company did not get on base--and when they did--especially in key situations, Rizzo looked like what he is --a minor leaguer.( The Padres knew this , for sure)

An established Major league hitter would have helped but the owner is too cheap to invest--BUT still charged full price at the gate. These guys looked like a Pre-season team--all year long.

Our plusses--The two Catchers, Staring pitchers, Junior(so far) Sweeney , Schierholts, Bagasovic (sp) and a reliever or two--BUT thats it.

Post subject: Re: Abject Failures !!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:51 pm 
Site Admin

Things ain't as gloomy as all that, Brot. I think a lot of people would gladly trade yet another Cubs and Sox rebuilding year for a Stanley Cup. The Bears have a new coach and a new attitude. Derrick Rose is coming back to the Bulls this year. Northwestern men's basketball has an aggressive young coach apparently determined to log their first-ever NCAA appearance, and I wouldn't put it past him. And then there's the Ramblers, who are in a new and much better conference, and showing signs of competitiveness rarely evident for 20+ years.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:26 pm 

John --You are absolutely correct--I was only talkin' Baseball--The rest are turning out just fine with great outlooks for upcoming seasons. While I do not follow the Bulls much, I am and have been- as long as I have been a Cub fan- A BLACKHAWK follower--way back to Bill Mosienko and company.

I feel LUC is on the cusp of great things, starting this year--Even last season was good--except for those six or seven devastating losses--Yuck.
I see good stuff from our Hoops guys--We have now what we have not had for ever--HEIGHT !! We really are kind of BIG. I know they call us young but the nucleus has a year under their belts--We are NOT rookies.

BUT the CUBS ?? Under this owner--no way ! I really will eat my words happily if they succeed !

Now then GO BEARZ !!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:15 am 

If we're talking baseball, I'm throwing Ned Yost under the bus for KC. His managerial decisions may have cost the Royals a shot at the playoffs this year. I don't know how many games we've lost this season because we were Yosted.

But I suppose on the flip side, at least we've been able to still be in the playoff race. I have zero love for the White Sox but do have a couple of friends that are Cubs fans and hate to see them struggle so much.