It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 85 Bears Redux ???
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:06 pm 

I have just turned the "Super" Bowl off--Thomas got ball punched out after a nice catch while Peyton's boys are down 29-0 !!

Seattle truly looks like our 85 Bears--except no sacks on Manning --BUT everything else !! Cripes !!

DEFENSE wins in the NFL--no matter what the rule makers do to inhibit it. GOOD on Seattle as much as I dislike them. PEYTON deserved better.

On a side note--The Bears had better concentrate heavily onbring in GOOD and fast Defesive players--A lot of them.

Post subject: Re: 85 Bears Redux ???
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:29 pm 

That was a horrible Super Bowl. Even the commercials stunk for the most part, though I did love the "Best Buds" one. I can't be too upset, however because my beloved Orange will start the week off at #1. I don't mean to rile anyone on this board, but I hope Syracuse beats Notre Dame and goes on to 22-0.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:59 pm 

Hi Gal !! The Orange are good--really good--but Shockers are the team this go round---

My truly best to you---and !!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:01 pm 
Site Admin

Syracuse really showed me a lot in that OT game against Duke Saturday. Fantastic game, and you could tell Duke was fired up to make a statement.

Yesterday, I was on Twitter and Seth Davis revealed how he voted for the Top 25. He had Syracuse at #1, Arizona #2, Florida #3, Michigan State #4, and Wichita State #5. I tweeted back at him that Wichita State should be ahead of Michigan State, to which he replied to me and others that beating Evansville wasn't that difficult. I said being perfect is a lot more difficult than losing to Georgetown on a neutral court, but he didn't answer.

I'd have Cuse first, followed by Arizona, Florida, and Wichita State. How can you not have an undefeated team in the top 4? And when it comes to the Coaches' poll, Wichita State was in the top 4 before Arizona lost. I'll bet Izzo himself would vote for Wichita State above the Spartans.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:32 pm 

Rambler63 wrote:
Syracuse really showed me a lot in that OT game against Duke Saturday. Fantastic game, and you could tell Duke was fired up to make a statement.

Yesterday, I was on Twitter and Seth Davis revealed how he voted for the Top 25. He had Syracuse at #1, Arizona #2, Florida #3, Michigan State #4, and Wichita State #5. I tweeted back at him that Wichita State should be ahead of Michigan State, to which he replied to me and others that beating Evansville wasn't that difficult. I said being perfect is a lot more difficult than losing to Georgetown on a neutral court, but he didn't answer.

I'd have Cuse first, followed by Arizona, Florida, and Wichita State. How can you not have an undefeated team in the top 4? And when it comes to the Coaches' poll, Wichita State was in the top 4 before Arizona lost. I'll bet Izzo himself would vote for Wichita State above the Spartans.

I believe it's Seth Davis that has said he will NOT move us above #5 no matter what. Hopefully others aren't as short-sighted as he is.