It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:27 am 

Interesting article. I was going to put it into the men's basketball forum, but I felt it's best suited in this forum because it has nothing to do with LU and this forum isn't getting as much love. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-needs- ... 17393.html

And while we're in this forum, how about those Bears?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:24 am 

That's an interesting article and offers a view through one lense. However, a couple other points:

1. Coach K is probably the best coach at any level in the country, save maybe Popovich. It makes sense to have him lead the national team.
2. Before Coach K took over, the national team was in disarray and an absolute joke. Remember those years? They've won everything during his tenure and I like that.
3. Yes, huge recruiting benefits. But he also gives up prime AAU scouting/recruiting to be with the team all summer.
4. He got Derrick Rose back on the court and kept him healthy. Thank you for that.

To me, Calipari's upcoming 'Kentucky Combine' is more of an advantage. He's running two days of practice dedicated to pro scouts and will have every NBA team there, along with every single recruit they want. How is that legal? Seems it is, though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:18 pm 

Woj is the best, but I think he's a little off here on his attack of Coach K. He ignores the fact that Jim Boeheim another major recruiter was hand picked by Krzyzewski to be an assistant for USAB. He also acknowledges that three current college coaches run the under-19 team, but ignores that the months long access to them could just as easily net them said prospects.

Still then, it might hold water except the NBA stars don't see it that way at all. They love playing for him and for USAB so it's a bit farcical for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:11 pm 

Yeah, a bit strange for what I typically would expect from him. I do agree he's about as good as anyone out there on college hoops but this article sounds like somebody who didn't get into Duke or an autograph from Coach K.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:49 am 

And what do you know... http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... g-team-usa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:59 am 

Did CBS read Ramblermania notes and turn it into an article? I think so.