It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:56 pm 
Site Admin

I hope everyone is adjusting to the new site and message board. If there are any problems, let me know. I am always working on adding new features and content to the site to create a more dynamic place to visit. One of my big projects right now is to get some of the photos from the old site into a smoothly-running photo gallery.

We're still hoping that many of the regular posters on the old board can join up here... senex, roggirl, CashSMoney, Classless, B, kdiddy63, OC Rambler, BlueLightRambler, e2727, ToledoRambler, ThomasPaine, LU Jesuit, and a lot of other longtime, prolific posters haven't joined yet--- or are maybe using different names. If you know them, urge them to join and help them to sign up if they're having problems with the Captcha or other new features. We're looking to create a vital and dynamic forum as soon as possible for the entry into the new conference.

I just looked at the user statistics for this new site, and bradley.edu is the third single most common domain name among people accessing the new site. That's not good. Maybe it's because Bradley is the only school in the MVC that doesn't have a site similar to this... I don't know. But if ever there was a time for long-suffering Loyola fans to get excited about Loyola sports, this is it. Let's get as many people as we can to get involved in helping to make Loyola's transition into the MVC strong and emphatic.

When the Fall 2013 sports season kicks off in mid-August-- only 10 or 11 weeks from now-- we're going to need to be up and running to take our place in the conference. In the meantime, there will be a lot of news-- schedules released, personnel changes, recruiting moves, etc. It would be a bad start for us in the MVC to get caught flat-footed on mastering our own message board. So get your friends and acquaintances and relatives up and going on the new message board so we can hold our own in this new league where the passion is going to be three jumps up from the Horizon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:00 pm 

Rambler63 wrote:
BlueLightRambler

I just shortened to Blue since that's all anyone called me on the old board anyways.

I saw OC over the weekend and talked to him about the new board and sent e2727 a note about it also

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:29 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry, Blue. I didn't make the connection since you had such an appropriate avatar to an entirely new persona.

Senex just joined today, but hasn't posted yet. I'm sure that once news starts breaking (schedule talk, golf outing, transfer news, other sports getting going, etc.) there will be more significant posters signing on. I'm also anticipating a lot of new posters joining up when the excitement of the new league becomes apparent.