It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:25 pm 

Here's another one, from the AVCA.

https://www.avca.org/Blog/Article/45/Ro ... Volleyball

That should do it for the Davis era.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:37 pm 

Quote:
But he always knew he wanted to make the move to the women’s game.

Really? Why do I think that's a bunch of BS? Because he went to a Big 10 school with an athletic department budget roughly five times larger than Loyola? Because he could have shown an inclination to coach the women's game at some (any) time during his 18 years at Loyola?

Wow. That quote, if accurate, really sticks in my craw. You don't need to spew BS if it's a financial decision for your growing family. You don't need to make things up to take the heat off Loyola if they're being cheapskates, or not accepting the responsibility of growing the men's game after winning two NCAA Championships in a row.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:33 pm 

JCT wrote:
Quote:
But he always knew he wanted to make the move to the women’s game.

Really? Why do I think that's a bunch of BS? Because he went to a Big 10 school with an athletic department budget roughly five times larger than Loyola? Because he could have shown an inclination to coach the women's game at some (any) time during his 18 years at Loyola?

Wow. That quote, if accurate, really sticks in my craw. You don't need to spew BS if it's a financial decision for your growing family. You don't need to make things up to take the heat off Loyola if they're being cheapskates, or not accepting the responsibility of growing the men's game after winning two NCAA Championships in a row.

He's said that in several interviews and articles since leaving. I don't know what he really thinks. I heard a rumor in the coaching world, someone with strong Chicago ties, that he is getting three times as much. He has had experience with coaching junior girls with his club D1 although I don't know how much. I kinda hope NU can start a men's program.