It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: VolleyballMag.com Awards
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:08 pm 

Jeff Jendryk is on the 1st team.

https://volleyballmag.com/2017mens-all-americans/

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:22 pm 

Isn't it somewhat concerning that we only had one player on the 1st, 2nd, and Honorable Mention teams? We used to have 3-4 on these teams.... Ohio State had 3 on the first team,Hawaii had 2 on the 1st team, 1 on the 2nd team and 4 players listed altogether (and they finished a distant third in the MPSF, even with their enormous home court advantage), and Lewis had 1 player on the 2nd team and 3 on the HM.

I'm getting a little concerned about the severity of the drop off from 2015.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:17 am 

I expected even less going into 2017 than 2016 after losing Hutz and Olsen. This was a very young and very inexperienced team along with the injury bug hitting Gevis, Plaisted, and Selsky. 2017 was really a big roller coaster ride. They just didn't have the firepower as you point out in the list not having more than one Loyola player. I actually expect 2018 to be the rise of this two season rebuild. Hopefully Plaisted and Gevis will be healthy. Iaw Cowen has notched a year under his belt as setter. I hope to see Collin Mahan try to develop consistency in his play. Jendryk will be Jendryk. I had this weird gut feeling a while back that there's a chance he could leave early so I hope that doesn't happen. Paul Narup was not bad in his first year starting at middle. The other Outside will be a question mark. Tischler has height and has shown sparks coming off the bench but has not has consistency while starting. He is still a little raw on the serve. Remember that he only came to Loyola after his committed school, Cal Bap, and their head coach went separate ways. And now Cal Bap just ended their men's program. I still have hope for him. He was better in his second year than his first so I'm hoping to see continued improvement. Anyways, I didn't have great expectations in 2016, I had pretty low expectations in 2017, and I am somewhere in between for 2018.