It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:48 am 

USA Volleyball has announced the preliminary roster for the 2018 Volleyball Nations League which is an international competition. Team USA will play in the Chicago area on June 15, 16, and 17 at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates against Serbia, Poland, and Iran.

Thomas Jaeschke and Jeff Jendryk have been selected to the preliminary roster of 26 players. The final roster of 21 will be announced next week. 14 players will be active for each weekend of competition.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Volleyball/ ... ary-Roster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:13 am 

Thomas Jaeschke has reportedly blown out his ACL last Friday at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates. Head coach John Speraw did state that Jaeschke suffered a significant knee injury.

“Thomas had a real significant knee injury,” U.S. Head Coach John Speraw said. “He’s going to be out for quite a while. We’re heartbroken for him and I know he’s been playing great volleyball and has become such a great leader on our team. It hurts us. But I’m really pleased with the way guys have stepped up when he’s been out.”

Volleymob.com reportedly was told by Jaeschke's club in Italy that it was an ACL after tests were run last Saturday in Chicago.

https://volleymob.com/update-initial-te ... e-his-acl/

I was at the match and Jaeschke was coming down from an attack. I didn't see his foot land but noticed he was lying on the ground at the end of the point several seconds later. We were hoping for just a sprained ankle or something minor. After the match, the PA guy told me Jaeschke's leg bended pretty bad after landing.