It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:25 am 

While looking into the rumor on the basketball board that Pat Schultz has left Loyola, I noticed that Kris Berzins was no longer listed on the sports staff directory. While his profile was still on the roster page when I checked, a quick google search has shown that Kris has joined D1 volleyball club in Chicago. For those who may not remember, D1 is owned by Shane Davis and company. They started the club some 10 years ago I believe. While it is not uncommon for college coaches to also work for junior clubs simultaneously, the D1 website cites Kris as a former Associate Head Coach for Loyola.

"We are BEYOND proud and excited to announce that Kris Berzins, former Loyola University Men's Associate Head Coach, will be joining the D1 Family in a full-time role!"

http://www.division1vbc.com/kris-berzin ... -d1-staff/

Kris spents 11 seasons with Loyola Volleyball. He played for 4 seasons starting from the onset and was a pretty solid player. After a short professional career he rejoined Loyola as an assistant coach and was integral in Loyola earning its first MIVA Championship and two National Championships. I had the pleasure of watching him play and coach for all those years and he will be missed. Congrats to Kris on the move to becoming a Vice President and Director of Boys Volleyball for D1.