It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:48 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
If I might interject one snarky comment, I personally enjoyed the opportunity after the match was over to give a lusty "boo" to Grace Calhoun after she was introduced by Pat Schultz. And I was definitely not the only one in the crowd to give her a Bronx cheer.

I thought of you when I heard the boos.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:22 pm 

Well, its over and we, Loyola of Chicago are the best --the Champs--
From all I have read--these threads of ours--the West Coast reports--The Trib and the rest --All of them Classy reports except----

Frankly I prefer to hang my hat on Klu's report of events and his feelings--I especially liked the comments on the Sportsmanship our team and FANS--the best--gave to the Stanford Cardinal. That is the way it should be remembered--and NOT the cheap stuff--Unwarranted-- and SAD with little if any Class.

This accomplishment was the best that our team could do--THE ABSOLUTE BEST-- GOOD on LOYOLA, THE VOLLEYBALL TEAM and its fans--

This day even here in Akron--people are commenting on our team---( OSU fans mostly) How proud I am to be a RAMBLER !!--Just like 1963 !!!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:42 am 

I have had an amazing time at Loyola so far and knowing that we won a national championship while I am going here makes it even better. Congrats to all the guys on the team. I am hoping the basketball can have some success too while I am here not expecting national championship but some steps in the right direction.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:49 am 

brot4britu wrote:

Frankly I prefer to hang my hat on Klu's report of events and his feelings--I especially liked the comments on the Sportsmanship our team and FANS--the best--gave to the Stanford Cardinal. That is the way it should be remembered--and NOT the cheap stuff--Unwarranted-- and SAD with little if any Class.

Actually, Brot, the comments about our showing respect to Stanford came from me. So I'm glad you liked them.

As for booing Grace Calhoun being sad and classless, it made me happy to express my opinion, and it was well deserved for reasons I won't repeat.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:24 am 

Just wondering, Swella, why you have this hard-on for Grace.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:36 am 

Don't want to hijack this thread. It's about celebrating the men's volleyball team's success.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:49 am 

Just like Lois Lerner, you're taking the fifth!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:24 am 

Loved some of these videos of the player reactions right after the game. http://volleytalk.proboards.com/thread/ ... elebration

Additionally, some pretty sour grapes from the West Coasters on that forum in the National Championship thread.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:09 am 

Blue wrote:
Loved some of these videos of the player reactions right after the game. http://volleytalk.proboards.com/thread/ ... elebration

Additionally, some pretty sour grapes from the West Coasters on that forum in the National Championship thread.

For all the posting I've done this season on the team, I've been completely incommunicado since about Friday on both Ramblermania and Volleytalk due to the AVCA conference, the matches, the celebrating, and long work days. I am finally catching up on all of this here first. I can only imagine all the sour grapes you must be talking about.