It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:32 pm 

Since Cigarboy is going to be out of work on Feb. 1, he probably will be looking for opportunities soon.

I think he is a natural for Talk Radio, with his crackpot conservative opinions and inability to censor himself.
Heck, he even looks a little like Rush Limbaugh.

JCT has a background in radio. I even heard him on a Chicago NPR segment talking about the South Loop, and he was terrific.

I think JCT should hook up with Cigarboy and produce a pilot for a talk radio show. He could produce it and CB could be the on-air "talent", or maybe they could co-host and do a sort of Point- Counterpoint thing.

For coming up with the idea, I would get 10% of any profits, naturally.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:08 am 

No disrespect meant for ANYONE but I SERIOUSLY DOUBT there would be a show that profit would exist.

Right now there isn't a radio station that would touch Cigarboy with a 10 foot pole as most stations are ultra concerned with their image and what CB brings to the table is nowhere near what a station wants.

The options he has to make this work are 1) Deal with a station that works on a brokered basis where CB buys the time from the station and he lines up his own advertisers to finance the program or 2) setting up a website with a live show/podcasts but that is so diluted getting advertising for that is all but out of the question. I can see this happening just so CB keeps his name out there since this is a MUCH cheaper route for him.

Nonetheless, best of everything to anyone taking part in this venture!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:20 am 

Avoid the radio. Do a podcast!

Sell some ads (maybe for thinks like Skype, Filipino food, Beauty Cream, etc) and there's profit!

For my part in all this (and because I am a benevolent man), I'll take 5%.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:53 am 

I see we've got some of the best minds on Ramblermania working on this already. And if we need any help formatting stuff, I'm sure ahunte will pitch in.

I'm thinking if JCT decides to be an on-air personality, he should go by the name "Johnny Junction". Cigarboy, of course, would be "Cigarboy".

In addition to politics, the show could have segments about sports, the Bible, cigars, donuts, dieting, the mystery that is Woman, creationism, and any random craziness that comes out of CB's mouth.

I agree that GoRamblers' podcast idea deserves 5% of my 10%.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:10 am 

callitbothways wrote:
No disrespect meant for ANYONE but I SERIOUSLY DOUBT there would be a show that profit would exist.

Right now there isn't a radio station that would touch Cigarboy with a 10 foot pole as most stations are ultra concerned with their image and what CB brings to the table is nowhere near what a station wants.

The options he has to make this work are 1) Deal with a station that works on a brokered basis where CB buys the time from the station and he lines up his own advertisers to finance the program or 2) setting up a website with a live show/podcasts but that is so diluted getting advertising for that is all but out of the question. I can see this happening just so CB keeps his name out there since this is a MUCH cheaper route for him.

Nonetheless, best of everything to anyone taking part in this venture!!

I am not interested in participating in a radio show with Cigar Boy, but if you think crazy and outrageous political statements are a bar to a radio career, I offer you Exhibit A:

Quote:
The Joe Walsh Program

Catch Joe Walsh on the radio in Chicago, NYC, Denver, Phoenix, Houston, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Birmingham, and southeast Georgia Monday – Friday.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:41 am 

JCT wrote:
I am not interested in participating in a radio show with Cigar Boy....

This is obviously a mere negotiating opening gambit by JCT to cause us to sweeten the deal.

Okay, I'll play along: I consulted with GoRamblers and he is willing to reduce his demand to 2.5 % of my 15% as commission for his lame podcast suggestion.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:25 pm 

JCT wrote:
I am not interested in participating in a radio show with Cigar Boy, but if you think crazy and outrageous political statements are a bar to a radio career, I offer you Exhibit A:

JCT might not be interested, but what about H. Montague Worthington?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:54 pm 

oc rambler wrote:
JCT wrote:

JCT might not be interested, but what about H. Montague Worthington?

Worthington might be too busy heading Trump's Task Force studying ways to implement The Donald's "Path to Citizen-Shipment" Initiative.