It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:09 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:
JCT wrote:
We need to get busses of Loyola students down to NORMAL on Feb 2.

You can hit anyone with your car, and nothing happens.

Glad Yarbrough threw those two passes away at the end of the game. I wondered why he was trying to get rid of the ball, but then remembered some news stories that indicated he is bad at driving late.

http://www.hiyoooo.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:27 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:
By the way, you can tell the reffing was bad by the exchange between Porter and one of the refs. He had to be held back three times. He was almost T'd up before the last one.

That was great. I think it was when Evan's hit a three and kicked his legs out looking for a foul call. Then there was the absurd out of bounds call late right in front of our bench.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:42 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:
goramblers2011 wrote:
Sad that so few students showed up. But great to see we still own the Birds.

I think they're just coming back from break so not a shock that there were so few.

Also, Swella requested I post more. Be careful what you wish for

This is true. But the school opened up the dorms a day early (for the first time ever), hosted a tailgate, and blasted emails encouraging students to attend.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:12 pm 

We really struggled down the stretch against the press/zone. Their press was just a 'show press' to slow us down and get us a bit out of sync. And then their zone seemed to be a straightforward 2-3 but we could not figure out how to score against it. Really let them back in a game. But clutch FTs from Lucas and Clayton. Also clutch steal from Aher.

Will echo the thoughts on trashy ISU fans. Heard some comments, among others, about Sister Jean and Cam's weight. Guess their fans, team and school all have one thing in common.....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:03 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
GoRamblers wrote:
goramblers2011 wrote:
Sad that so few students showed up. But great to see we still own the Birds.

I think they're just coming back from break so not a shock that there were so few.

Also, Swella requested I post more. Be careful what you wish for

This is true. But the school opened up the dorms a day early (for the first time ever), hosted a tailgate, and blasted emails encouraging students to attend.

Regardless of Loyola opening the dorms a day early, which should have been done for many reasons aside from this game and the so called “tailgate”. We still have plenty of students from out of state or commuters that just aren’t going to be able to make this game. The student body will definitely be increased when they’re actually on campus. As an active student I can say that majority of my friends are not back on campus yet and will be on Sunday. The one thing we haven’t been lacking this year is our student crowd.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:21 am 

Do not know how much control or input schools have over the scheduling...but would have been a great weekend for a Sunday game matched with the Family Day with maybe special rates at the new hotel? But despite that and the snow such a better crowd than we would have had a couple years ago........plus would have had more obnoxious ISU fans.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:09 am 

JCT wrote:
Avanti's is the worst restaurant I've ever eaten at.

It's the most beloved restaurant in Bloomington-Normal, and they will sell you a sandwich with iceberg lettuce, mayonnaise, bologna, slices of American cheese, and French' s mustard on bread that has less flavor than a bale of cotton.

They call it "The Gondola" like it's something more than a junior high school cafeteria sandwich.

TRASH.

Something (or someone) is full of bologna, but it's not "The Gondola":
http://www.avantisnormal.com/Menu_CO.htm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:19 am 

GoRamblers wrote:
Swella requested I post more.

Actually, what I said was "Your posts are moronic, but it does sound similar.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:32 am 

Fun game, great atmosphere, even though the student attendance was a tad disappointing.

I thought overall we played really well. To me it seemed like we should have been ahead throughout the game much more than the scoreboard indicated.

As for our performance against their 2-3 zone defense in the second half, while it did slow the tempo of our offense considerably, I thought we attacked it fairly well.
We tried with some success to get the ball inside near the free throw line. This resulted in Marques making an open 15 ft. jumper and Krutwig canning a 10 ft hook shot.
What I was happiest about was that we made our free throws at the end of the game. Clutch by Clay and Lucas.

Excited to see 1st place Valpo and Javon Freeman on Tuesday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:39 am 

Whenever I see the zone against LU I think they are trying to stop the Ramblers from wearing them out...by not having to play man to man...Also trying to diminish the opportunities of Krutwig to go one on one.......and staying out of foul trouble.....But I thought we played exceptionally well against the zone........If a couple of those late 3s had gone...game would not have been as tight.
Did anyone notice if Chastain and the Ramblers were cordial ?
JCT.........Avantis first spot was in Peoria,,,,right on the Bradley Campus in an old house...was very cool and my high school hang out till I got chased out by the owner who was carrying a meat cleaver....I had climbed up on a table to sing Inna godda da vida .Any way the Gondola probably gets more pub than it deserves but it is not bologna....All that being said...they have not been the same since they branched out and franchised.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next