1. Donte Ingram in NCAA's
2. Custer in NCAA's
3. Townes in NCAA's
4. Richardson in NCAA's
5. Milton Doyle vs. Bradley
6. Custer Three vs IL ST. to clich conference
7. Donte Ingram Three at UIC
8. Kaifes, last night.
9. Krutwig Three from the corner. What am I missing.?.... I'm sure you all have more in the memory bank. CT, Earl Peterson, Montel??? Must be some there too... And thoughts on the order? also thought Montel James had a sportscenter top ten shot????
10. Montel James ESPN top ten #1 dunk in CBI final... March 2015... just found it. Gotta be more

Last edited by Ramblerguy on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:22 pm 

Which Richardson shot? He had quite a few in the K-State game.

Crazy that after last year's run, Doyle's shot has fallen out of the top 3! That was an awesome shot. Our first Arch Madness game...halfcourt buzzer beater....it was our "welcome" moment.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:30 pm 

After being held to 4 points for about 9 minutes against Bradley; Townes hit a huge 3 to seal the game with about a minute left in Arch Madness.

After being 0-9 for the game and 0-8 from 3 Custer hit a dagger to put away Illinois State in the last minute of last seasons regular season finale.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:31 pm 

I remember Christian Thomas had a layup at buzzer for a win at Evansville. Don't know if it was really "amazing" but was a good road win.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:32 pm 

Donte's 3 against UIC in 2016. He forced overtime and we ended up getting a win against UIC. In the grand scheme of things it wasn't as big a shot as the tourny ones, but giving us the win against a rival deserves a nod.

Also, Richardson's shot against UNI at Arch Madness was huge. If I recall UNI was tied with us and he hit a 3 from the logo and that gave us the momentum we stayed ahead the rest of the game.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:38 pm 

alap3 wrote:
I remember Christian Thomas had a layup at buzzer for a win at Evansville. Don't know if it was really "amazing" but was a good road win.

That would be on my list. Doyle to CT for our first MVC road win.

I'd almost be tempted to rank Doyle's shot against Bradley second. We should have a vote sometime. Get YouTube clips of the nominees.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:52 pm 

I don’t think donte’s shot against Miami will ever be beaten. I got let out of class early and went to bulldog’s ale house, it was packed with news channel crews. It also happened to be my birthday, once he sank that shot everyone went crazy. Easily the best day I’ve had yet while being a student at Loyola, I’ll never forget it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:50 pm 

Blers42 wrote:
I don’t think donte’s shot against Miami will ever be beaten. I got let out of class early and went to bulldog’s ale house, it was packed with news channel crews. It also happened to be my birthday, once he sank that shot everyone went crazy. Easily the best day I’ve had yet while being a student at Loyola, I’ll never forget it.

Agreed. It’s the only game of the tournament I couldn’t see in person, and the craziest finish. Every other game we won, we were in control to some extent, and the other team had to rally to make it close. We were up by one against Nevada, and had led for much of the game when Townes hit his shot. Tennessee rallied down the stretch to come back and take a one point lead when Custer hit his shot. But Miami, we trailed most of the game. We were dead in the water with Miami at the line to extend their lead with a handful of seconds left....then a missed free throw that seemed to hang on the rim forever, then an amazing rebound, then an unbelievable and improbable shot to win it, then my couch went flying backwards at least five feet when I jumped up...and then the rest of the Tournament was able to happen. The only bigger shot in Loyola history was the final shot in 63.

I still get chills every time I watch that game’s highlights

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:51 pm 

I still get a little misty eyed watching that replay.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:14 pm 

A throwback to our first ever Arch Madness game...how exciting was this?! (How do I embed a YouTube video on here?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9ex4xLCktg