It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Will Bryan Mullins Be Hired As SIU's Next Head Coach?
Poll ended at Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:25 pm
Yes 74%  74%  [ 17 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 4 ]
Cigarboy Sucks (For Old Times' Sake) 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 23
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:25 pm 

SIU's Athletic Director said publicly a hire could happen as early as next Monday, so this poll closes on Sunday.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:50 pm 

I have checked the Saluki Insider Forum a couple of days ago and Mullins is the big favorite. I do not know what the story is but, there has been reference to some incident in the past in which he was apparently treated poorly by SIU administration. Some of the Saluki fans seem to think that this might have some influence on Mullin's decision. Does anybody know anything about this?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:07 pm 

The latest rumor on the Saluki Insider (just minutes ago) is that another school (possibly DePaul) is interested in Bryan.

SIU's message board is definitely entertaining, in a train wreck sort of way. Their Administrator Barkeep67 must be off his meds again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:48 pm 

It's going to be fun reading that board for the next few days.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:20 pm 

I’d say he’s the favorite from all I’m hearing. However, there is a another name that I’ve heard recently who “checks all the boxes” Coach Kill has mentioned: Brad Korn. He played at SIU under Bruce Weber and Matt Painter, graduating just before Mullins arrived on campus, and he’s been an assistant coach at Kansas State under Weber for the last 3 years. I believe he was an assistant at Missouri State prior to that. He was also an assistant coach at SIU under Lowery when Mullins was a player.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:26 pm 

They said a month ago that Hinson would resign after the final game and prep to run for Oklahoma Governor. So far it’s looking true.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:11 pm 

Here's an interesting fact: Bryan Mullins just followed on Twitter Erika Lowery, the wife of Kansas State assistant coach Chris Lowery whose name has been mentioned as a possible candidate for the SIU job.

Thinking of posting this tidbit on Saluki Insiders to see what conspiracy theories it inspires.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:54 pm 

I can’t see them hiring, or re-hiring, Chris Lowery. To say it would not go over well with a lot of alums would be an understatement. He left the program in shambles and cost the school a lot of money to get rid of him. And that was less than 10 years ago.

Mullins played for Lowery, and I would guess that’s where the connection comes from.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:06 pm 

01, with all due respect, your conspiracy theory muscles are underdeveloped and flabby.
I took the same set of facts and came up with these entirely plausible theories:

1: Bryan is having an affair with Chris Lowery's wife.

2.Mullins and Lowery are both being considered for the job and Erika is using her feminine wile to get Bryan to withdraw from consideration.

3. Mullins will be the SIU head coach and will hire Lowery as his top assistant.

4. Vice Versa.

5. This is all a plot hatched by Mullins with Lowery's help to create a diversion from the real story that Mullins will be hired by DePaul and Porter will go to SIU.

I have about a dozen more theories nearly as good as these five, but will refrain from posting them for fear of appearing immodest.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:29 pm 

I actually wouldn’t be shocked if #3 happened.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next