It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:44 pm 

Can we just make Lucas our designated 3 point shooter and ban everyone else from trying them?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:46 pm 

We shot 53 percent from the field, and lost. You take away our three point shooting and we shot 61 percent from inside the arc.

We had 13 more turnovers than Furman, and missed 10 threes. It’s basically giving them the ball 23 more times to score against us...

I think the turnover problem can be solved as the season goes on, but the three point shooting is going to plague us the entire season. We are gonna live and die on Krutwig and Williamson’s play, and everyone else needs to focus all their attention on not turning it over and feeding them the ball as much as possible. This season already sucks because of what it might have been with Kaifus lurking around the three point line keeping defenses honest.

A 20+ point loss is better at the beginning of the season than after Christmas, but this one still stings. What’s even worse is the two problems we have are glaring.

The only other dumbfounding thing is the fouls. That CANT be our fault. 3 free throws; one was because of the technical (which I thought the guy got screwed on); One was a Welch and-one. I don’t remember the other one we got... but assuming it was another and-one, you’re telling me in 40 minutes of play, we were only fouled twice while shooting?????? That seems highly unlikely.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:24 pm 

How many games are we going to win this year when Krut only take 5 shots?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:36 pm 

20 turnovers, god that was ugly..... Tate hall with five... he needs to start hitting his 3’s if we want to have any kind of outside threat, Williamson alone cannot be the only guy we have sinking them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:00 am 

01grad wrote:
brot4britu wrote:
Far tee many toonovers

I couldn’t help but read that in a Scottish accent

You're on the right track, 01grad, but actually Brot was quoting a line in the original Middle English from a newly discovered chapter of Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.
In addition to the well known Wife of Bath, The Reeve, The Plowman and The Miller, Chaucer wrote a tale about The Rambler that somehow got lost until rediscovered in 2016 at a library in, of all places, Buncombe Illinois.
I won't go into too many details, but the tale ends with The Rambler musing about how his quest to return to the "Fynale Fore" was thwarted by "Far tee many toonovers".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11