It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:49 pm 

Down to 9. This is sick. Offense just crumbles down the stretch.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:55 pm 

We are actively trying to lose this game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:56 pm 

I think we should have a good press and a surprise trap to throw into the mix at times like this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:00 pm 

We should study what Ball State did because we inbounded into the corner every time the pressed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:02 pm 

We had a 23 point lead midway through the 2nd half, and we win mby 12? We had 10 point leads in our two losses in the Caymans.... Need to have some alternative looks late.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:08 pm 

They never got closer than 9, but when you have a 23 point lead about halfway through the 2nd half, you should win by 15+. The offense had gotten in such a good flow for a long stretch then it all just kind of went to hell. I'm not sure what happens during the last 5 or 6 minutes of our games, but it needs to change.

Overall though, fun game and good win. Clemons looks to be just what we were missing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:11 pm 

Was hoping our 36 minutes of decent basketball with a 4 minute ending disaster would have stayed in the Caymans. Not the case. An actual road win is great in non-con, but this should have been a blow out. Still don’t know how to finish games. When was the last time Krut missed so many shot right at the rim? I thought Lucas was going to finally turn the corner after his first half, but man did he look BAD in the second half. On both ends of the floor. Hoping it starts to click for home soon, because we need him. Clemons was a breathe of fresh air. Needs to work on FTs.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:17 pm 

You can't knock a road win over a KenPom 121 team that beat you last year. We did great on avoiding the turnovers, shot as expected from two, but did well from 3 also.... And we played good defense. I don't think Ball State is going to be held to 18 points in any other first half at home this year.

I think with our athleticism and quickness this year-- Pipkins, Clemons, Williamson, Hall, Wojcik, and Uguak.... we could put together some dynamite presses and traps to throw a wrench in other teams' offenses in late game situations. There's no reason our opponents should be allowed to roll the ball out to the half court line before picking it up while they're digging into our lead.

I can't stress this enough.... *** THIS TEAM IS BETTER ON OFFENSE THE HARDER THEY PLAY ON DEFENSE *** It's because you've got young guys who think too hard on offense when it's programmed. Mix it up with transition baskets from steals. Take the other team out of their rhythm. A press and a halfcourt trap is as disorienting for an offense as changing from zone to man defenses.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:28 pm 

A 12 pt W ON THE ROAD !!! And STILL some or should I say MOST of you are being picky !! T0 me this WAs A FINE WIN --A RAMBLER WIN PM did his Thing This Team followed through

WE ARE COMINF ON

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:29 pm 

I agree with some of what you guys are saying, but bottom line: this was a good win.

It's hard to win on the road. We jumped on them, and withstood their run. We are never going to play perfectly, but we did more than enough tonight.

EDIT: Well said, brot!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next