It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:23 pm 

JCT wrote:
Blers wrote:
Also... KEEP SHOOTING THE 3 AHER.

*** shifts very uncomfortably in seat ***

*shooting confidently*

At least make them respect it... but like maybe only one a game...? Maybe. I don't know :lol:

Also, hope Kennedy's okay, took another big shot to the face and didn't return.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:24 pm 

Would love to get a little winning streak going into conference play. All remaining non-conf games are winnable. Vandy and Davidson will be challenges, but no reason why we can't win them. Anyone else making the trek to Phoenix?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:36 pm 

Candidly, this game was game 1 for the progression of this team. With all our pieces back, as long as we stay healthy, the journey into transforming into an MVC power over the next year and a half started tonight. They played 30 solid minutes of basketball. The goal is to make that 40 over the next three months. We have the pieces to do it this year, and we should be loaded next year.

Clemons is going to get better and better, and seeing his play tonight gave me a lot of hope at the guard position.

Tate is productive and consistent and is having the same level of impact we all expected from Uguak.

Krutwig is... well, he’s Krutwig. One of the most dependable, consistent players we’ve ever had, and he’s really become a leader. If he keeps going we are gonna have 3 straight conference players of the year.

Kennedy is going to lose time, but hopefully some pressure is taken off him and he can thrive as a spark off the bench. He’s going to be key for us once we hit the grueling part of our conference schedule.

Williamson is struggling for consistency but I don’t think he’s hurting us, and we all know what he’s capable of. We can be hopeful he gets better as we go forward.

Pipkins is such a great asset to have off the bench. He’s trending up.

Frank is still working his way back from injury but as long as Krutwig is healthy, he’s nice to have for some quick relief minutes.

Uguak - Soooooo frustrating. I know we pile on when it comes to him but it’s so frustrating to not see him get 8-10 points a game with athletic as he is.

Skokna - the bench keeps getting longer for him. I hope he still is glad to be here and understands how appreciative we are of him and his career. In 2013 we would have been thrilled with him, but he may be a casualty of our upgraded talent over the last three years. Still love him, but I think we won’t see him a whole lot for the rest of the year.

Meanwhile - Cooper and Norris are just gritting their teeth waiting to get in next year. Instantly we will be better from three and lower in turnovers.

I know it’s just Ball State but I’m really optimistic. The threes are starting to fall, the turnovers are going down, we are getting healthy, and starting to gel.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:38 pm 

Had the same thought about Hall. He's the player I thought Aher was going to be.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:10 pm 

It was encouraging to see Williamson hit a few threes in the first half. We all know he can hit those, but it was starting to feel like what Custer went through last year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:26 pm 

Keith is exactly what we needed as a Juco transfer. Not just for this year, but as a program to bridge the gap from Clay to our future of Braden/Marquise and Baylor Hebb next year as ballhandlers. Feels good to have a true PG out there, nobody else on the roster right now is in that role.

Agree with most posters about losing a bit of the lead down the stretch, but also a good team playing at home is eventually going to find some rhythm and hit shots (and get some questionable calls). Still, gutted it out.

Bet we’ll see some fun/different lineups this weekend with everyone healthy as Porter experiments. Should be interesting!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:29 am 

Jaylon Pipkin’s dunk from last night was number 6 on Sportscenter top 10.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:49 am 

JCT wrote:
I'm almost embarrassed by how these announcers are praising our team. This is the first time I've heard the Ramblermania-generated nickname King Krut anywhere else besides here...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:53 am 

I'm suing those announcers for copyright infringement for their unauthorized use of King Krut©.
I'm also thinking of suing Porter's Jacket, even though I suspect he's judgment proof.

Hey, if Pat Riley can copyright "Three-peat", why not?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8