It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:45 pm 

I’m with Ahunte on the play not being dirty. It was an aggressive take and it looks like they just got tangled up. I don’t really see a kick. The way I see it Bradley wants to bang you up over the course of the game with body blows, especially if the refs let them play. Whereas our defense wants to wear you down mentally by giving you nothing easy, and taking away your biggest strength.

In my mind, an enforcer only risks more retaliation. I think all that has to be is increasing our physical play to either A) Even the odds, or more likely B) force refs to blow the whistle to keep the game under control. I’ve felt our team is more willing to be chippy than in years passed (in a good way). They have a level head but players like Clemons, Hall, and Pipkins all have a quiet toughness about them and aren’t afraid to mix it up. Clemons was definitely giving it back against Dixon and MSU, and I don’t think we win that game last year.

In regards to officiating Todd Golden ran an interesting piece that talked about foul calls in the first half vs. the second half this season: https://www.tribstar.com/sports/down-in ... c214d.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:29 pm 

Here's what the league says about it....

https://bradleybraves.com/news/2020/1/1 ... -week.aspx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:58 am 

just to add to the Bradley as Bad Boys IV.....did anyone see the flagrant foul by Brown at the end of the game with UNI....launched himself , intentionally, at a UNI player who had his back to him...with maybe 30 seconds left and the game already decided...intent with malice....cannot believe he did not get thrown out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:37 am 

That was a real cheap shot.

One of their courtside fans almost got thrown out, too. Coach Jacobson wanted him gone. Always thought having fans next to the benches was stupid and an incident waiting to happen.