It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:40 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:
This falls on Porter. It's BS that the league did this to us on short notice but Porter is responsible for getting them ready. It seemed like he did but they choked down the stretch.

Get it together

My gut agrees with you that the overwhelming majority of the blame falls on Porter, but the more I think about it, it's probably 60% Porter, 40% a senior laden team who played carelessly and made dumb, silly mental mistakes all game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:42 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
The league did it to the Sycamores too. Imagine getting told you have to face the league favorite on 48 hour notice.

Like others have said, our talent disparity should be enough to win games like this. It was showing at first...and then we just shut down. With the weapons and talent we have, a 7 minute scoring draught is simply unacceptable.

Yeah remember when Wichita State was still in the conference and we were struggling? We would have lost by at least 30 if the league did that 5 years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:45 pm 

Imagine you're the Ramblers and you are ready to play the other top team and then they pull out the rug and say "Just kidding. Here's one of the worst teams."

Now flip it for ISUblue.

Who do you think that favors? It favors the underdog at home. It's a hell of a lot easier to get pumped up for the #1 team than it is to stay pumped up for the cellar dwellers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:48 pm 

A totally unacceptable loss but not surprising.
The pandemic environment has worn a lot of people out mentally. So many people I talk to feel that way. I have seen so many stupid things happen in business everyday. It is a bullshit environment. A lack of focus.
I have been at some of the pregame preps on road games. I doubt that the pregame prep was insufficient.
That said, the players expected to win and got caught in the arrogance of certainty. They expected to bail themselves out but there was nothing in the tank mentally. A lot of dumb mistakes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:50 pm 

I said Loyola was going to get screwed by this, and Swellafelon accused me of mental illness. Jus' sayin'.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:51 pm 

JCT wrote:
I said Loyola was going to get screwed by this, and Swellafelon accused me of mental illness. Jus' sayin'.

To be fair, Swella always accuses you of mental illness...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:53 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:
Imagine you're the Ramblers and you are ready to play the other top team and then they pull out the rug and say "Just kidding. Here's one of the worst teams."

Now flip it for ISUblue.

Who do you think that favors? It favors the underdog at home. It's a hell of a lot easier to get pumped up for the #1 team than it is to stay pumped up for the cellar dwellers

True but good teams would have still at the least found ways to grind out a win. This team for the past three years rarely wins when it plays poorly. Yes we all would have came on here and talked smack about improving if we won a too-close-for-comfort game with a B- effort, but that never happens. Either we execute or we completely shoot ourselves in the foot for long stretches at a time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:53 pm 

This team had EVERY opportunity to put the game away for about 25 minutes and just didn’t.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:58 pm 

lusuperfan wrote:
GoRamblers wrote:

Now flip it for ISUblue.

True but good teams would have still at the least found ways to grind out a win. This team for the past three years rarely wins when it plays poorly. Yes we all would have came on here and talked smack about improving if we won a too-close-for-comfort game with a B- effort, but that never happens. Either we execute or we completely shoot ourselves in the foot for long stretches at a time.

I agree. That's why I put this on Porter.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:02 pm 

JCT wrote:

You also predicted on this thread that Loyola would cover the 8 point spread. So at the very least you're suffering from cognitive dissonance.

And I think you have a Personality Disorder which doesn't (yet) rise to the level of full blown psychosis.
Jus' sayin'.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next