It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Yahoo Sports Preview
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:43 pm 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/missouri-valley-preview-wichita-state-aims-last-final-145828399--ncaab.html

Other than picking us for 7th...not a single mention.

Post subject: Re: Yahoo Sports Preview
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:54 am 

we are going to have to earn our way into the conversation. If we don't get start struck on the road entering the bigger arenas and larger crowds I think we are going to surprise some people.
I think we are deep at the guard position and should be able to pressure other teams. I think a key is going to be how we replace Averkamp in the middle. Cody Johnson? Ben King? combo of Osbourne and Oleary? We will need to rebound and defend the post with the big boys.
Other questions...has Jeff White gotten quicker?...has Turk learned how to play D?
I am ready for some BASKETBALL
Go Ramblers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:36 am 

I completely understand that we need to earn our way into the conversation but there wasn't even a mention of us coming into the league. You'd think that would be a basic mention for any league preview.

As to your question, I think we are fairly deep at the post position too. Osborne was starting to round into form at the end of the year. O'Leary added some needed muscle. Cody Johnson has the potential and King has the height (you can't teach height). It may take a few games, but I think we are a pretty balanced team.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:23 am 

If this be the case I am optimistic that we have the talent to compete in the MVC. My concern know becomes psychological. Walking in to those bigger stadiums with bigger crowds...wont seem like every game is a scrimmage. Who will our leaders be? Who will take the edge off for us? My guess is Christian Thomas. but they will definitely be playing a level up in terms of atmosphere this year.
GO Ramblers