It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Jeremy King
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:41 am 

brot4britu wrote:
Well, we have accomplished step one in the "BIG" department--We finally after all these years have some -- Step two --get them experience--

Lookin' far better for the RAMBLERS --Its now goin' to be squarely up to Porter and his troops. Gosh ! This is great !! GO RAMBLERS !

BTW, Guys, Have you noticed the timbre of SubGod's posts?? At the moment Shockers will be our toughest opponent---same as Butler was--He quotes facts about things MVC and us sans the vitriol we were used to reading from INDY.

I try to respect other teams fans, especially when on their board. I love the Shox and college basketball. And as long as the Shox are in the MVC, I want the MVC to be as strong as possible as a strong conference only helps the teams at the top get better seeding come March which means a better chance to win.

I hope that we can build a friendly rivalry that doesn't turn into a bunch of whose is bigger than whose. We know it's WSU's anyway :lol:

I'm excited to get the season rolling on Saturday when we beat down one of our in state DII schools. I probably won't be there for that game as I'm planning to support my nieces softball team at a tournament in OK, but I'll keep my eye on things. Reports out of our scrimmage with Baylor are incouraging as well. Can't wait for some basketball.

I just realized I got a little sidetracked considering the title of this thread. My apologies.

And the MVC will never do anything to favor WSU. I'm pretty sure of that. The closest they would have come is moving the tournament out of STL and to KC, but with CU leaving, that option is probably completely out the window.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:01 am 

Sub mentions that what with the BlueBirds gone there is no need to move MVC tourney to KC MO--Isn't that a tv and radio outlet ? -- Just funnin'--Actually the MVC , what with all the "Eastern Teams now aboard, should consider moving the Tourney to --say INDY ??? :roll: Just kidding on a Tuesday PM !!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:44 am 

I believe the STL contract expires in the next year or two and as of a couple of years ago there was some talk about KC and KC expressed interest. The Valley tournament is well attended and I think both cities realize the potential money that brings into their communities. I think some of the talk from the MVC was to consider KC to maybe make CU and WSU a little happier as both have shown that they were open to leaving.

I don't think KC would stop that, but it was under consideration. And with the previous lineup, KC was closer to CU, WSU, DU, MSU and I believe UNI. Not much closer for a couple of the schools but you could use it to justify a move or rotation. That and the two largest fanbases in the MVC consistently had the farthest to travel, so their attendance would increase even if you lost a little from the Illinois schools.

With the way things are going, I won't be surprised if at some point the MVC tries to rotate between Chicago and STL. A move to Chicago won't make a lot of WSU fans happy, as many already don't like STL, but that won't matter if it benefits the rest. I know some of the Tree fans have tried to talk up Indy before, but considering that is already east of all ten schools, it's a no go. And I know you were joking about it but I have seen it mentioned in the past when we've discussed KC.

Personally, I've been to STL a number of times for the tournament. It's not a city I have any desire to be in and outside of the basketball, I've never much enjoyed my trips there. I've never been to Chicago and even though it's farther away, it could be a more enjoyable experience. Within the next ten years I'm sure it'll host a few tournaments.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:45 pm 

OK, Sub , if you must know, Indy must have something wrong with the water--It has a bad effect on everybody but the INDIES--I has been know to foster vocal battles 'neath the stands between the "Commisioner "and a loyal fan of a certain school--who by the way had the facts on his side--.

My early vote--Leave it in St Louie--although KC and the Plaza are one of my favorite places.--