It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New Rules--
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:43 pm 

Now that the dust has cleared--A win over Panthers, I have a question or fifty re the new rules--

They say that the MVC is a "rough and tough" league-- Well, that could play into our hands --maybe--as we have NOT played that way before--'cept in the Ireland and Sully years. We have been more of a finesse type bunch.

Now then, when we get OSBORNE Williams--I Hope--and Pickett back, this will truly help down low --Williams and Osborne.

If last evening is any indication--one game is just that, one game, we played TEN guys--more than I can remember in a long time. Well, adding O and W will truly add fouls in the very least--Think of it --with the new rules W and O will be banging away and scoring as well. With Thomas, King, W and O plus O'Leary and Cody--Wow !! I wonder if our Valley competition will have THAT much down low---Numbers matter--as we have found out for years--We had none except starters which were smallish.

In any case the new foul rules as silly as I think they are may help us in the long run.

Comments ?? Thanks !

Post subject: Re: New Rules--
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:03 am 

Brot in the Seton Hall /Niagra game they shot 102 foul shots. 73 fouls were called. Yikes
Go Ramblers

Post subject: Re: New Rules--
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:57 am 

Remember Paul Westhead--Gaithers et al at LU Marymount---He would love this--call everything so do not guard--run up the score --and BOOM ! there goes our game--While I like the run and gun of Ireland--He DID play defense--These new rules appear to preclude that !!

I do not think this will work over time---We shall see.

Meanwhile GO RAMBLERS-----Ramble !!!