It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:50 pm 

Go ahead, dude. I'll offer critique that doesn't have to have any basis in fact, any journalistic ethics, or real insights from study. And I'll let loose all the personal animosity and hatred I have for you.

You're gonna love it!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:26 pm 

My last "critique" of your (Drake) preview was, and I quote it in its entirety, "Great preview!"

The one before was for the Wisconsin game: "Great preview as always."

Last year I even started a thread extolling the virtues of your previews:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2760&p=30807&hilit=Previews#p30807

This thread contains a concise explanation why I respectfully decline your generous offer to let me write the Indiana State Game 2 Preview.

Seriously, please cool off, sober up (speculation) and stop posting stuff that only tends to reinforce my opinion.
The fact is 99% of the time you're totally reasonable and rational, but every so often you seem to go off the deep end and indulge in paranoic conspiracy thinking with hints of a persecution complex.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:03 pm 

Quote:
Seriously, please cool off, sober up (speculation) and stop posting stuff that only tends to reinforce my opinion.

You've been going after me for months, relentlessly. You've attacked me as a political hack. You've attacked my knowledge of tournament selection processes in the last 12 hours. You've attacked, and harped, and bullied, and trolled me for weeks.

DO THE FUCKING PREVIEW, SMARTASS.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:22 pm 

I'm thinking I should probably strike "hints" from the phrase "hints of a persecution complex"...

Again, seriously, let's sleep on this and if you'd like we can resume a discussion via private messaging tomorrow.

Maybe we can get Cigarboy to mediate.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:23 pm 

Gentlemen, I'm putting the finishing touches on the preview right now. Stand back and stand by.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:24 pm 

God bless you ahunte1!

You cut the Gordian Knot.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:34 pm 

Okay, here it is. Game preview by yours truly, ahunte1. Did the best I could on short notice. If you don't like it, see what you think of the ISU guy's preview.

----

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

That was the stroy last night in Terre Haute, Indiana, as Loyola's Rabmlers fell to Indiana State's Sycamores [insert score].

Tom Welch had his best game as a Loyola Rambler, scoring many points, and looking confidant. Cameron Krutwig, perhaps distracted by the pitiful play of his beloved Chicago Bears (NFL), played his worst game of the year. So did the shorter fellows for the Ramblers, who succumbed to the Sycamore's pressure defense.

The question on everyone's mind Monday is: Will the House impeach President Trump (again)?

For the rest of us, it's: can the Ramblers get a key road win? (Spoiler! They definitely can, as they lead Missourri Valley Conference in road victories across several recent seasons.)

In fact, well-known analytics "guru," Ken Pomeroy, gives the Ramblers a 74% chance of victory. Mr. Pomeroy does not give the Ramblers credit for winning 74% of yesterday's game.

LINKS

Loyola Game Preview
Indiana State Game Preview (to come)
Live Stats
TV/Radio: CBS Sports Network / Loyola stream
Vegas Odds: Loyola -6 (speculation)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:38 pm 

Damn it tomorrow's a CBS Sports Network game? We're gonna be swept by Indiana St. this year?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:49 pm 

Thank you for picking up on the one useful piece of information in my preview, but the curse has been declared lifted, so we're all good there.

Also the game is at 6 p.m. central.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:56 pm 

Rather than arguing, I think we need to come back what we all have in common, and what brought us all here in first place. We're all united here for the same thing. So why don't we all let out a nice Cigarboy sucks and get back to talking shit about Tate Hall?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next