It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:42 pm 

gettinblery wrote:
HUGE! Any know where this puts us in terms of recruiting class rankings in the A10 and nationally? Struggling to find up to date info anywhere.

With the transfer portal taking over like it has, it’s gotta be tough to rank classes like they used to.

What a week

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:43 pm 

Drew was in on the Russian Kid a while. I know he visited him down in IMG a couple times really wanted to land him before some HM got involved and it worked out. Good for the staff and program overall. Kid is a baller.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:33 pm 

Really surprised we landed Glazkov after these quotes back in December where he was talking about how we wanted to go high major in the “best conference”. Helps his IMG coach used to coach at Rhode Island, but credit to Drew and Justin Bradley. Going to be an interesting and young team next year, depending on what we do in the portal (and guys like Ben/Trey decide to do)

https://247sports.com/college/basketbal ... 223678437/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:46 pm 

I have to say, I am impressed that we not only got him, but that he committed early. I was not confident after reading the posted article earlier on this thread. He sounded like he had visions of playing at a high major. I am sure our success and recent commitment had something to do with it. The slots were filling up and he probably felt the pressure to make a decision. Its a good time to be a guard getting recruited to LUC.

Great pick up, good size for a guard. Only concern was comment that he might not be the quickest kid. He's big, 6'4", 200lbs. His dad was a fighter in Russia and is described as a tough kid. Good article here ==> https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/article/2024-basketball-recruiting-russian-guard-out-of-img-academy-daniil-glazkov-commits-to-loyola-chicago-ramblers--227365610/ talking about some of the interest he was getting from some good programs. My guess is he is coachable and works hard. He reminds me a little of Domask from SIU/UofI although a bit shorter.

Will we get/take the Bulgarian kid now? Does this also mean the end of Lewis? Schwieger?

Interesting days as LU is becoming very relevant again!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:55 pm 

On3 link

https://www.on3.com/college/loyola-chi- ... l-glazkov/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:39 pm 

Incredibly exciting times for the program. Landed the two highest ranked recruits in program history within a few days of each other. Oh, and we are in 1st place in the conference we just joined a year ago!

Roster management will be interesting. With four incoming freshmen, I think we will have two open scholarships next year. I'd assume at least one transfer. I think we should leave these open for transfers. We hit it big this year with Dame, Watson, Dolan & Mwamba. With a great core coming back next year, add a few solid transfers and the four freshmen, and that's a roster that can compete for an A10 championship (again!).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:22 pm 

Agree. 4 freshman in the transfer portal era is a lot. So let’s fill the last 2 spots in the portal. Ideally - a savvy point guard to replace Braden (and pair with JQ ) and an offensively focused big to replace Dame (and pair with Miles).

I think it’s highly likely we will lose 1 player to the portal. And if we do - another portal big would be the ticket as it seems likely that Brayden Young may need a year to develop.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:35 pm 

Sloth84 wrote:
Agree. 4 freshman in the transfer portal era is a lot. So let’s fill the last 2 spots in the portal. Ideally - a savvy point guard to replace Braden (and pair with JQ ) and an offensively focused big to replace Dame (and pair with Miles).

I think it’s highly likely we will lose 1 player to the portal. And if we do - another portal big would be the ticket as it seems likely that Brayden Young may need a year to develop.

Agree with all of this. I'm thrilled that we have four-year players in the fold.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:55 am 

Who would have thought that in the middle of a Championship hunt, we get another road win, and the big story of the day was about recruiting?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:31 am 

Sloth84 wrote:

Agree. I think you would want along with maybe a polished PG and scoring big, an athletic long player to fill the Mwamba role who can defend multiple spots and rebound.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next