It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:48 am 

I hope this didn't prove to be an end to the good times.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:40 pm 

I think it is up to us if it remains fun or not. If you consider going to the NCAA every year the only definition of fun you might be disapointed. The atmosphere makes it fun...The Farliegh Dickonson game was a tight rope, roller coaster and lots of fun. The Depaul game even though we lost was the loudest I have every seen an LU crowd, deafening the last 30 seconds. We need to become the best game day atmosphere , win or lose. That is what will define us and in the end help us to recruit.
I am curious several people have mentioned the assistant coaches. Does anyone have any specifics or details or is this just based on their resumes?
I think Drew is an incredibly hard worker. Maybe too hard, I am curious as to where is head is. Is it to Win at all costs or develop solid student/athletes, Can he handle the pressure? There have been some coaches that have impressed me with their interviews, the Coach from FDU,UCLA and Princeton all made me think that those kids enjoy playing for the coache cuz he has a great attitude...This year look like it took a toll on Drew. I think if he gets his head on straight and learns to manage the stress.He will be fine.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:33 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
I think it is up to us if it remains fun or not. If you consider going to the NCAA every year the only definition of fun you might be disapointed. The atmosphere makes it fun...The Farliegh Dickonson game was a tight rope, roller coaster and lots of fun. The Depaul game even though we lost was the loudest I have every seen an LU crowd, deafening the last 30 seconds. We need to become the best game day atmosphere , win or lose. That is what will define us and in the end help us to recruit.
I am curious several people have mentioned the assistant coaches. Does anyone have any specifics or details or is this just based on their resumes?
I think Drew is an incredibly hard worker. Maybe too hard, I am curious as to where is head is. Is it to Win at all costs or develop solid student/athletes, Can he handle the pressure? There have been some coaches that have impressed me with their interviews, the Coach from FDU,UCLA and Princeton all made me think that those kids enjoy playing for the coache cuz he has a great attitude...This year look like it took a toll on Drew. I think if he gets his head on straight and learns to manage the stress.He will be fine.

Student attendance next year is critical. They have been absolutely showing out the last few seasons and kept coming last year, even though the team was struggling. They are the core of the atmosphere. I really hope they keep selling out that section.

Obviously, alumni and general fans need to keep showing up. I think our support fell far behind the student support as the season wore on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:02 pm 

"Obviously, alumni and general fans need to keep showing up. I think our support fell far behind the student support as the season wore on."

I agree, I was really disapointed in general fan turnout for the last game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10