It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:14 am 

Interesting perspective. I agree that there may be enough here to get some W’s with current crop. Size seems to be an issue, but you may be right with more of a mental thing going on. Yesterday GW beat Mason and St. Joe’s beat LaSalle, who beat UMass and Rhode Island. In my mind we should be able to compete. Our own guys are there worst enemies, but hang in cuz plenty of games left to recoup some respect.
Any Saint news? Should we expect some? If not, why not? Can’t believe no one is asking…

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:30 am 

Yeah. You can't lose to the only other winless team in conference by 31 points, especially when you're trying to get your first win in the conference.

These two teams had a common non-con opponent, also-- Loyola beat Fairleigh Dickinson in OT, and FDU beat St. Joseph's by 17.

The height difference is an issue, but not if the team works together. Length is an issue, turnovers are an issue, CONFIDENCE is an issue... but if the team works together, they can overcome it. They are NOT working together. I'm waiting for them to get angry and embarrassed enough to rise above whatever is creating the problem... but the game at St. Joe's looks like they'd rather give up than try.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:38 am 

Yup. They've looked disorganized and disconnected the vast majority of the season. It's like nobody on the court or on the bench knows what to do.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:16 pm 

Do you remember the first few games? Helter skelter at 100mph....I needed to see a chiropractor cuz my neck was in pain from looking left, then right at such a rapid speed. We were pressing and trapping everywhere and pushing the ball at a rapid clip...It was not Brots oxen ball..I asked someone in the know if this was by design? the answer was yes. This was the pace that Coach wanted to play at and in his heart probably still does. But at some point Coach realized this team could not play at that pace. My point is that they spent a lot of time practicing something they could not play and have now back tracked and may have had to learn the old system or a different system 1/3 of the way through the season.
I think the Clemson game was an outlier in which the kids played hard and Clemson helped by being cold as ice.
I love Norris and Kennedy but w/o a well oiled machine to beside them..they can not carry the team or make up for its inexperience.
There have been comments about Bryce Golden and that he did well at Butler. However he was a low post back to the basket guy....not a motion offense guy nor was he asked to chase point guards 40 feet from the basket.
Hoping kids play hard and grab a few Ws the rest of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:57 pm 

Ramblerguy wrote:
Any Saint news? Should we expect some? If not, why not? Can’t believe no one is asking…

We will know tomorrow, 6pm!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:42 pm 

There is no need to wait until tomorrow night to check on Mr. Thomas. If you look at the roster on the Loyola site you will see he is no longer there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:58 pm 

Wow. When's the last time someone left the team in the middle of the season? Pernell Adgei? Did he finish a year?

Even the frostbite incident didn't result in an immediate dismissal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:41 pm 

galena rambler wrote:
There is no need to wait until tomorrow night to check on Mr. Thomas. If you look at the roster on the Loyola site you will see he is no longer there.

Wow.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:49 pm 

Disappointed that it came to this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:17 pm 

Unreal.

There must be more to the story too, besides what some of us saw happen on the bench last Tuesday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next