It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:09 am 

Averaged 14/4/3 with Cornell last year. Heard from Iowa State, Penn State and Stanford among others. We’re really becoming a hot spot for Ivy grad transfers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:10 am 

Looks like another commit today, Ivy League transfer. Good shooting numbers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gregdolan_/s ... 4035805187

Let’s hope Pride follows and we will be set.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:14 am 

Didn't know we were even going after this guy. One spot left. Really would like more length.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:26 am 

This one is kind of out of left field. Shot 43% from deep. Distributes well (3.5 APG). Not sure on his defense. I think he can pair well with Braden or give him some rest. Not sure if this affects Pride's potential commitment at all.

Down to one spot...unless any of these commitments trigger an outgoing transfer....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:46 am 

Mudville21 wrote:
Didn't know we were even going after this guy. One spot left. Really would like more length.

The roster for next year, as it sits right now, looks like it has pretty good length. Definitely more than last year. Having another shooter, whose shot looks a lot like Norris’ based on highlights I saw, is a great addition. He’s also listed at 6’3 or 6’4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:20 am 

If we get Pride - and obviously a big "if" -- would be considered an A-10 contender next year?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:38 am 

Pride would certainly help. Not sure if we should expect contender status, last year we all thought the same and were punched in the teeth. In addition to all these new pieces, it will take time to gel, and defense may be rough for a bit if the same complicated system is in place. Offensively, it looks like we will be much improved and we should be able to shoot/keep up with teams this year. Overall, think we are much improved and should be top half.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:19 pm 

Playing time will be interesting next year for a few guys. Drew will has a tall task ahead figuring out rotations among the guards and wings...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:05 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:
If we get Pride - and obviously a big "if" -- would be considered an A-10 contender next year?

No. Pride would be a very nice pick up. But even with him we have not done enough to be considered a top A10 team. We are still too small - lacking athletes with real length. But most of all - our moves have not happened in a vacuum. Other teams have made moves or will make moves - some teams considerably better than ours. Have we added some nice players? Sure. We will be deeper. But have we secured anybody that moves the needle to the top? Hope I am wrong but I don't see it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:45 pm 

Lots of variables, but I think we have improved.

I think that the class of Lewis, Dawson, and Quinn with Schweiger are intriguing. They are full-size guards with the potential to play defense. Add Rubin and I am excited about watching these kids play.

We didn't take care of the ball last year. Norris was the only player with significant playing time who had more assists than turnovers -(Edwards, Wilson and Thomas - also had more assists than turnovers). The year before Norris, Williamson, Uguak, Kennedy, Tate, Clemons and Thomas had more assist than turnovers.

We add Dolan and Adelekun who had more assists than turnovers during their careers. Dolan had nearly a 3 to 1 ratio over the last two years. Note, Watson had more turnovers than assists. If we add Pride, he is another player who has taken care of the ball. Combine these players with Norris, Lewis, Dawson, Quinn and Schwieger - I think we gain size at the guard position and a few players who are better at taking care of the ball. Other ballhandlers will allow Norris to shoot more 3s.

We are better now than we were last year..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next