It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: UIC game
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:07 pm 

Hi everyone,

I forget if I introduced myself before the season, but I'm a Northwestern freshman and I have a college basketball website called The Catch and Shoot. I've been covering games in the Chicago area, and I'm finally going to be able to make it to a Loyola game tomorrow.
I wrote a quick preview for the UIC game, and I'll also have a recap tomorrow evening. Here's the preview if you want to check it out: http://thecatchandshoot.com/uic-looks-t ... -saturday/

Life can get busy at college, but hopefully I'll get to cover Loyola more consistently when we hit conference play.

Post subject: Re: UIC game
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:47 pm 

catch and shoot...Good luck with your venture. ,,,some good stuff. I guess we will look out for Barlow. However the force inside for LU will be Osbourne. He has missed several games this year with a concussion,,,,foul trouble and the flu....But if he can stay out of foul trouble he will have his break out game tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:59 pm 

smokeyjoe wrote:
I guess we will look out for Barlow

The video summary of the SMU game on the UIC site is impressive re Barlow, but he was 8 for 18 from the field and 3 for 9 from three, and 12 for 15 at the line. If this is a pattern, play him close but don't foul. The other thing to note is how often SMU scored on layups.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:59 pm 

It's true that Barlow does a huge part of his damage at the line, but he can also get in a groove from the field and knock down some three pointers from NBA range.
I admit I didn't pay much attention to Osborne when doing my research, just didn't know the backstory behind his season. But now I see he's averaging four fouls per game—yikes. Should be interesting to see if he can stay on the floor tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for visiting the board and checking out the game. I had read your UIC recap and the Illinois College Basketball ratings poll earlier in the week, but didn't make the connection that you were a member of the message board. I hope you enjoy the atmosphere at the Gentile Center and make it a point to check out more games now that we're one of 4 teams out of the 13 Illinois D-I schools in the MVC.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:49 am 

Will the Stomper be there today ?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:54 am 

If the stomper is at the game, can somebody take some video of that and post it? I have always heard about this guy, but somehow in my time at Loyola I never got to witness what everyone is always talking about. What exactly does this guy do????

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:01 pm 

ToledoRambler wrote:
What exactly does this guy do????

He stomps.

He had knee surgery a few years back. Something tells me that his stomping days are over.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:11 pm 

We....won?

WE WON!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:18 pm 

OK !! A win--Something now to really build upon . Doyle !! But the rest were pretty darn good as well.

We stopped their big scorer--Must do that and we did.

Its really nice to see us improve litle by little---Example --early in second half after UIC came on--Who comes in with a dagger ? Turk ! The rest--KEKE , Thomas et al performed

Now then--Who was the fat Ref !! An MVC guy ?? Sheesh I hope not.

Nice win--defense was fine.