It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:06 am 

Just got an email from the AD that said part of the student section is being moved to sections 101-103. Not sure if it will do much to increase student attendance, but it should create a little different atmosphere.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:32 am 

email said we will be contacted regarding new seats ...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:56 am 

Kinda helps hide when no students are there since the cameras are above those sections.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:25 pm 

They should move it to 106/107 or put the player families back there so that the Southern fans can't sit there and reek havoc on our bench!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:45 pm 

shyhyme wrote:
They should move it to 106/107 or put the player families back there so that the Southern fans can't sit there and reek havoc on our bench!

Agree we need a way to make sure the Southern fans are in the upper deck :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:35 pm 

So what does everyone think about this move? I'm not so sure I like it. Any season ticket holders with seats there have any gripes?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:49 am 

rambler_things wrote:
So what does everyone think about this move? I'm not so sure I like it. Any season ticket holders with seats there have any gripes?

I liked my seats, but I support any efforts to improve the atmosphere in Gentile. Happy to move elsewhere if they think it will help.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:11 am 

ahunte1 wrote:

I liked my seats, but I support any efforts to improve the atmosphere ... Happy to move elsewhere if they think it will help.

You're no Rosa Parks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:12 am 

rambler_things wrote:

I'm not sure what I think about it right now.

Pros: I think it can improve the perceived atmosphere if watching on TV since it'll probably put more people on camera, and puts the students behind the announcers (when they get loud the mics will pick it up better making it appear louder on TV). I think unifying the student section (not having the tunnel separate the sections) will create a better experience for the students. I doubt this last one, but giving students better seats may, although not likely, increase their attendance.

Cons: I liked having the students right by the visiting team's bench. Every once in awhile you'd see it affect a player who couldn't avoid being near them. It takes away some higher priced seats, so it could end up decreasing what revenue you get from ticket sales.

I more interested in hearing the reason behind it. Were there issues between students and the visiting fans? Are they looking to limit the number of visiting fans who wonder into the student section? I think mostly of the SIU game with that one. Or is it something else? I'd like to hear why, and hope that it works out in the end.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:21 am 

I know one issue as a student was towards the end of the year, we started having more fans which was good, but the way the student section was structured in that funnel fashion people ended up higher up fairly fast, and a lot of students had little impact on the game. Being in a more typical row/box structure may help more students get involved.

I know personally as a student I really liked being next to their bench and right next to the visitor section as well, it was fun getting after both of those groups. If you had good seats you felt super close to the game.