It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:57 pm 

natetheskate wrote:
Just a thought.....we may not be showing all of our defensive sets in a game we know we will win...probably picked a couple things to focus on....plus Coach is not the kind of guy that would run up a score on someone needlessly... just optimistic by nature

I don’t recall us running a ton of man to man last season, def could see us working on it early if we’re more confident in our zone already. Early second half was pretty lock down for both the starters and backups til the last 6ish minutes. Also my god Eureka players were falling all over the place.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm 

Mediocre at best !! Drop lower division teams ~~ It helps us not all. WSU was a perfect opener team for us.

We knew we were going to win going in---Our D played like it--LAZY !!

Porter had best get our guys going NOW !!
Offense ?? darn good though !

RUN RAMBLERS !!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:00 pm 

Before the game, announcers said that Negron and Avery were both practicing with the team.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:04 pm 

Much better 2nd half, especially defensively. The worry meter has dropped from Alarmed to Concerned.

Carson Shanks looks about as expected. Not quick, but he has good footwork, nice touch, and you can't teach 7'0". Williamson looked better and more confident in the 2nd half.

Nice shot by Baughman, he looked pretty comfortable out there, and I hope he gets some time in some more games. He would be a starter on Eureka, I think, if he had stayed local. He could also be a 6th or 7th man on Division II Illinois Wesleyan.

Any word anywhere on when Christian Negron might be ready to play? The streaming video banter mentioned that he and Adarius Avery are practicing with the team and made it sound like he'll be ready soon and Avery might play this year. Is that possibly true?

Glad no one was injured.

Now I'm watching UMKC vs. Haskell from Municipal Auditorium in KC. UMKC also plays Kansas State on Tuesday before facing us Thursday.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:31 pm 

Tough to really conclude anything from a game like today's. Easy win with 96 points scored, but the defense was blah and 31 3PT attempts against a team like Eureka is kind of ridiculous.

Having a lot of room for improvement after a 27 point win is a good problem to have though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:33 pm 

MikeH wrote:
Before the game, announcers said that Negron and Avery were both practicing with the team.

That’s...interesting. I️ was watching, but my blood pressure was too high from the Bears game to have the sound on.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:14 pm 

Judging by the attendance today, the students' love affair with Rambler basketball was more of a one night stand than a committed relationship.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:41 am 

Avery tweeted this morning that he and Negron are seeing the doctor today and both could be cleared to play.

Would be great to add more depth and size. Hoping for good news for both!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:16 am 

HUUUUUUUUUGE if they come back. Thanks Ahunte!!

I gotta say i'm liking Satterwhite at the point. His game looks so much smoother and he looks way more confident in his athletic ability (that put back dunk was sick). He's probably 7th off the bench, but for a kid running point for the first time in his career(?), I like the potential. Williamson looked to be shaking off some early jitters but settled in nicely over time; he had two nice dishes to Shanks late.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:26 am 

swellafelon wrote:
Judging by the attendance today, the students' love affair with Rambler basketball was more of a one night stand than a committed relationship.

I wouldn't judge attendance based on a game against a Division 3 team on a Sunday afternoon, pretty hard for any school to get students excited for Eureka College.