It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:25 pm 
Site Admin

A summary of the MVC non-con schedule is up on the Ramblermania.net front page.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:16 pm 

Nice report John--
My view is that Drake will implode and UNI will take Drake's spot--

Our team is until proven differently is a bottom feeder as you say--and with the Big Four as I call them, should not be--We shall see.

So far I think the MVC has more than WSU, but clearly , they are the best---Watch Ind St.

Anyway--neat job as always.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

brot4britu wrote:
Nice report John--
My view is that Drake will implode and UNI will take Drake's spot--

Good theory, and I think that might be right. I watched Drake play UIC in their first game of the season, and they were lucky to win. But you have to give their coach (a longtime assistant at Gonzaga) a lot of credit for being able to instill fundamentals that get them through challenging stretches late in games. UNI, on the other hand, has a system not unlike Butler in the early 2000s-- methodical, solid, and not incredibly exciting. They've been a bit better recently. Good mix of three point shooters and beefy inside guys. We'll see... I would hope that we could beat Drake at home.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:41 am 

Drake is a hard one to figure out. Their fans have sworn that they had the talent to be better than they have been and I think Giacoletti(sp) may be proving them right. I wouldn't put too much weight on their first few games under a new coach but they've been fairly solid. I'm not sure if they can hold off UNI, who usually plays better in conference, but they've been a pleasant surprise thus far and could battle for a top 3 or 4 spot.

The Trees have been up and down and I wonder if that inconsistency doesn't bite them in conference. They SHOULD be the number 2 team, but I could see them finishing as low as 5th. I can't figure them out.

The Bares are also interesting. I thought next year would be when they made a move for a top 3 or so finish but they could challenge for that number 2 spot this season. I haven't seen them play, but it appears things are going fairly well for the lads.

The Gargoyles have been very disappointing. I've really believed in Geno and still think he can take them places, but something is wrong in Peoria. I sometimes wonder of Walt Lemon is that problem. The guy has talent but I'm not sure he makes anyone around him better. I do think there's some good talent there though.

The Turds have been all over the map. A lot of potential, but it's still just potential. Time will tell if Muller can be a head coach. I think he'll be fine eventually.

I haven't seen you or the Ugly Dawgs play yet but I think both have lost games they should have won. It happens, but seems to have happened a little too much between the two. I think you guys have more talent than they do, and maybe a couple of other teams, but learning to win for a young team can be difficult.

Oh, and the Pimps are a one trick pony with Ballentine.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:07 am 
Site Admin

I'm almost afraid to ask... do we have a derisive nickname yet?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:34 am 

Rambler63 wrote:
I'm almost afraid to ask... do we have a derisive nickname yet?

Paging swellafelon...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:48 pm 

Not that I've seen or come up with yet. I admit that I'm not creative, not that most of these are... We could go with your older mascot and just call you the Hobos.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:10 pm 

SubGod22 wrote:
Not that I've seen or come up with yet. I admit that I'm not creative, not that most of these are... We could go with your older mascot and just call you the Hobos.

Many of us would actually like that...